Resources for a vibrant and active community!The Oxford Action Resource Centre (OARC) is a local facility run by an open collective of volunteers. We are interested in community development and working towards a more socially just and environmentally sustainable society.
- We offer resources for community and activist groups to use.
- We prioritise OARC to be used for activities that make the world and our communities a better place. Our favourite things include:
- Grassroots groups that allow everybody to take part equally.
- Actions that empower people.
- Creating real democracy in our local community.
- Everybody is welcome to come and get involved in running OARC.
- All people that use OARC must follow the safer spaces policy.
Next events at OARC
From the calendar …
- House of the Commons info evening on Friday 19th September at 5:00pm
- An evening with Julian Sayarer, author of Life Cycles on Saturday 20th September at 7:00pm
- Team Beryl - womens bike mechanics group on Tuesday 30th September at 6:15pm-8:00pm
- DIY Solar charger workshop on Thursday 9th October at 9:00am-5:00pm
- House of the Commons: Creative solutions to the housing crisis on Friday 10th October at 10:00am-8:00pm
- House of the Commons: Creative solutions to the housing crisis on Saturday 11th October at 10:00am-8:00pm
OARC Film Screenings
How to find us
Upstairs in the East Oxford Community Centre
Princes St (junction with Cowley Rd), Oxford OX4 1DD
Phone: (01865) 243 121
Email: oarc [at] riseup.net ~ Email list: https://lists.riseup.net/www/info/oarc
OARC is upstairs on level 2. There is a lift suitable for wheelchair users.